The Seattle Low Vision Optometrist
Kirkland, WA 98034
- Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
What Is a Low Vision Optometrist?
Our goal is for you to be able to do what’s important to you. Driving a car, reading the paper, recognizing faces, watching TV, playing cards or board games, cooking, and anything that matters in your life.
As a member of the International Academy of Low Vision Specialists (IALVS) – a network of low vision optometrists – Dr. Ross Cusic intensively studied low vision care. We are committed to maximizing our patient’s vision and help them live their best lives.
When your medical eye doctor says, “nothing more can be done,” contact a low vision optometrist. Low Vision Center At Optical Images is one of over 40 optometrist practices in North America that has helped thousands of low vision patients live independently, fulfilling lives after others told them it wouldn’t be possible.
Thanks to the doctor’s knowledge, dedication, and experience, patients can do what they enjoy: drive, read, work, play, cook, or recognize people’s faces.
Call for a personal consultation and find out if you are a candidate for low vision glasses.
Causes That Lead to Low Vision
Low vision is an eye condition that cannot be corrected with conventional eyeglasses or contact lenses. Its causes are usually due to injury, disease, or genetics and include:
- Age Related Macular Degeneration – Wet or Dry
- Juvenile Macular Degeneration (i.e., Stargardt’s disease, Best disease, etc.)
- Diabetic Retinopathy – a complication of diabetes affecting eyesight
- Retinitis Pigmentosa – RP is associated with a breakdown of the retina
- Glaucoma – damage to the optic nerve due to inner eye pressure
- Cataracts – a clouding of the eye lens
- Hemianopsia – the loss of part of the visual field
- Albinism – lack of pigment in the eye
- Other Vision-Limiting Conditions
Serving patients in Kirkland, Seattle, Bellingham, Olympia, Vancouver, and throughout Washington.
Read Our Patient Testimonials
Dr. Cusic and his team (Cherie and Karen) are wonderful! Dr. Cusic listens and responds to his patients and their needs. The glasses he prescribes are accurate and functional. Cherie works with patients to get stylish glasses and ensures that their prescriptions work as they need them to. And it is a happy office!
Since he was a low vision specialist, I hoped he would be able to figure out my tricky prescription. HE DID!!!
When the glasses arrived and I put them on in the office, I could see immediately! I almost started crying! After thirteen years of struggle and being told I had a difficult prescription, I finally have a doctor who understands my prescription. Because Cherie is amazing, I was excited to get new glasses for the first time in years.